Thursday, December 29, 2016

Season 101-102 Recruiting Class

As you have undoubtedly heard the changes to the scouting and recruiting system were major and completely changed the dynamic for recruiting.

As you also probably know my feelings are extremely positive when it comes to the new recruiting system. I think it was much needed and provides a way for the lower tier teams to at least have a fighting chance if not the option to be able to land some elite players instead of having to settle for the lower tier players.

For the past few seasons after the change I have seen much better talent coming to my program at the University of Wyoming. Just look at my roster:


Now with this new and improved system and the quality of players improving you would imagine that my team would be performing better right?! Not necessarily, my team has been improving however I am still learning how to make best use of my players. This season I made a run into the 2nd round of the national tournament which is a boost for my program. With the latest signing of the #7 Overall and #1 PG to the University of Wyoming team in Hoops Dynasty this might be a turning point in the history of the history of the program.

At the time of signing of this recruit Wyoming had the #2 recruiting class in the game world, currently Wyoming is sitting at #5 recruiting class with the signing of #52 Overall and #13 SF. With these two players it looks like the Wyoming team will be fairly balanced with 2 Seniors, 4 Juniors, 3 Sophomores and currently 2 Freshman incoming, with another signing yet to occur.

Will Wyoming continue to have a stellar recruiting class? Stay tuned for an update to this post!

Update: I did not land any other high quality players, but managed the two from this post. This season will be fairly stellar after losing by 8 to #15 Tennessee in the Exhibition rounds I feel confident that this season will only improve as the Freshman grow this season.

2/9/2017 - Update: After last season's epic recruiting class came into the scene at the University of Wyoming. We made the Elite Eight by way of routing the #1 team in the country. What a game, to be honest, I should not have won the game. However I did win and then went on to have an unspectacular recruiting class and my very first Early Entry (EE) which means that I had a guy go to the NBA draft. It is a bummer that he went, because if he would have stayed it would have increased my odds this season and his draft stock. But to each their own. It did help my reputation which happy to report was flawless prior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment