Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Hoops Dynasty Update

As many of the users of Hoops Dynasty (HD) know there was a major overhaul of the system a month of so back. I was part of the Beta Testing which was only part of the reason that I was away from this blog for that recent amount of time, for that I am sorry.
The new update to hoops dynasty brought in visually appealing update to make everything look cleaner and user friendliness. This update came with a ton of feedback most of which I felt was negative towards the update.

Changes:
Improved look
Updated recruiting - major overhaul

My thoughts:
To sum up my personal feelings on this update - MUCH NEEDED. Prior to the update recruiting was simple but so much to the point that long term teams with high prestige and lots of cash would dominate and get all of the high quality recruits. Then once they had those or didn't get those recruits they would be able to grab the recruits coaches like myself had put in days worth of effort in recruiting and would take them in just a single cycle or two. Now the system allows teams such as a D3 team to recruit a top 100 recruit, which actually happened in real life which is what makes the update really awesome. Let's take for example before the update as a cusp mid-major program I would never go for top recruits. This last season I went after the #7 overall recruit, #1 PG in the nation. I battled UNC for the recruit and won! That would never have happened previously. It is going to change the team forever and bring them into the big picture for once. I also have been able to get better recruits than ever before. Currently looking at the #5 recruiting class in the country which is very nice.
The visuals of the game make it much easier to use on a mobile device and basically on any device. This allows users/coaches to be able to play anywhere they desire. Overall I would say that this is a huge undertaking and has been a positive improvement.

I am happy that the people over at WhatIfSports are willing to make changes even if not everyone likes them. I understand that many coaches left after the changes because they were stuck in their ways. Looking forward I would love to have more people join Hoops Dynasty and really any of the dynasty games that they have.

I might be trying to get myself some extra dollars to utilize on hoops dynasty however if you are interested in trying Hoops Dynasty of any of WhatIfSports games follow this link:



If you would like to see the exact changes at WhatIfSports and Hoops Dynasty click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment